Friday, July 24, 2009

Twilight Verses Evermore: Battle of the Hunks

So I like this blog better than mine. It is cuter.


Warning: This post has VERY MILD spoilers for the books Twilight, The Mortal Instruments, Marked, and Evermore.

Well, like most girls out there, I love Twilight. I love Edward and I used to love Jacob until he imprinted on a new born baby then he was just alright. I remember the first time we were introduced. It was in the cafeteria at Forks High School. Ahhhhh, the good old days......
Now I have read the books several times (except Breaking Dawn because that one sucked) and have watched the movie 12 or 13 times and am ready for my next adventure.

So I read the Mortal Instruments. I started reading them at the beginning of May and my life got so crazy, it took my almost 2 months to finish the three books. And I liked them. I liked Jace but then he imprinted as my brother and it kind of ruined it. No offense Tom but nasty. That is something you shouldn't even joke about. Why did they keep kissing???!!!! If I was attracted to my brother (which I am totally not) I would stay away! So by the end of the third book you find out that they are not brother and sister but still grossed out by them because they were still frenching when they thought they were. Good book, though. I recommend it.

Now I need to get my mind into a juicy vampire book. I bought the book Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast....I think. It is not worth running upstairs to find out if that is right or not. I made it about a third of the way through the book before I was so grossed out and annoyed. It was like a trashy mom and a slutty daughter got together and wrote and a stupid immature book. If anyone wants by copy, you can have it.

Fortunately, when I bought Marked, I also bought a back up book.




What??? A trilogy?? The cover looks vaguely familiar.....Hmmmmmm. A girl named Ever who is new in school and doesn't fit in, who falls in love with the mysterious hot guy in school and he strangely is in love with her even though she has a low self esteem. Have I read this before? So I read it.....or did I re-read it? I think someone ripped off Twilight. Bravo Alyson Noel! Since we can't keep reading Twilight over and over without our husbands divorcing us, lets just redo it and call it Evermore. They will never know.

Edward:
A bloodsucking Vampire

About 108 years old -ish

Super hot

His skin is pale white and ice cold

Sometimes speaks as though he
is from a difference time

He is in love with a whiner

Come closer Bella, stay away from
me Bella, wait come back, maybe we
shouldn't be friends, your like my own
personal brand of heroine....

A red headed villan named Victoria

A 100 year old virgin

Super rich

Doesn't sleep

Rescues damsels in distress

Better than Morgan


Damen:
A bloodsucking (but only when needing to suck
out poison) immortal. There is a diiference.

600 years old (totally one upped Ed)

Super hot

He is tan, dark haired and warm

Sometimes speaks as though he is from a different
time...wait....

He is in love with a whiner

May I borrow your book Ever, Lets eat lunch
together, I am coming over to your house,
nevermind, Here are some red tulips, here are
white roses for Stacia.....

A red headed villan named Drina

A 600 year old man whore

Super rich

Doesn't sleep

Recues damsels in distress

Better than Morgan (he never comes to this blog so it is okay)

So as you can clearly see, there are some strong similarities between them and where they are not the same, they are polar opposites. It is almost like the author is trying really hard to prove that they are different characters. "No no, he is not like Edward at all. My guy is a player who has been whoring around for centuries."

Now for the girls.

Bella:

Edward can't read her mind

Insecure and annoying

Totally doesn't deserve her vamp.

Left her mom to live with her estranged
father.

Was sleep stalked by Edward

Super clumsy


Ever:

She can read other People's minds

Insecure and an emo

Totally doesn't deserve her immortal

Parents dies and went to live with aunt

Was sleep stalked by Drina

She sees dead people

See the simularities??? It is uncanny! I won't even get into how much Victoria and Drina have in common. Also Bella's friends were just as annoying and immature as Ever's. So now for the bad news. The book had the "F" word in it 3 times by that trashy skank Stacia! So unfortunately that makes it impossible for me to recommend it to others. If the "F" word can only be said twice in a movie in order to be PG-13, then this book would be rated R. Good thing I watch rated R movies. I bought the second book. So me and my Edward copy-cat are going to enjoy our evening tonight while I read Book 2, Blue Moon (not to be confused with New Moon by Stephanie Meyers).

10 comments:

eekareek said...

What? No comments??? Maybe I should be posting on my blog?

Memzy said...

It is very sexy over here.

Your are keeeling me Eek. Keeling. I almost peed myself. Btw, I am on book 3 of the House of Night series (the one starting with Marked). And you are right,....it is soooo dumb. But I can't stop myself. Especially when I have nothing else to read. I will eventually finish all SIX (can you believe it?) books. But mostly cuz my friend owns them and is begging me to read.

ps. you are hawt.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

K, I never finished the City of Bones book but I'm glad to know Jace is her brother and then he's not. Srsly... thank you. Now I don't have to finish that crap.

This Evermore series sounds intriguing. For some reason I'm drawn to it, like a moth to a flame. Edward with no old-fashioned morals? Where do I sign up????

PS This site just became my favorite. Instantly.

Hot Pants said...

I see dead people. Where's my vampire, or immortal?
Where do they live? So we can plan another blogger vacation.

eekareek said...

Laguana Beach, CA. Is that close to The Price is Right?

E said...

WHAT!?!?!?! You gize have been secretly posting on this blog without me? rude!

E said...

K, I just read your post. I read EVERMORE and it SUCKED!!!! Not only was it groovy and stupid, it was also... BORING. Srly boring. It pained me to keep reading, but I paid 7 bucks for it on my Kindle. I felt no connection between "New Bella" and "New Edward". They might as well have been brother and sister. He was an ahole and she was a pathetic doormat. Very unpleasant to read.

Mortal Instruments series was way better. And I heard that Marked starts off slow but gets way better if you keep reading<--from Memzy.

BTW, have you read the SRBC book yet? I thought so.

Morgan's Visual Idea journal said...

You didn't feel the connection because you are dead inside. Plain and simple. They are just like Edward and Bell except she is an emo and he is a man whore.

Morgan's Visual Idea journal said...

^^^^^That was me (Sara) not Morgan, he doesn't know this blog exists.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

HAVE you read the book club book for this month Sara? I was assuming you read your assignments first and then this crap... if it's the other way around then we've got a big problem.